(Marie Be for Wake Up World) The link between increased toxicity and a range of diseases is now becoming well recognized by medical authorities. Many studies describe a general health decrease as well as specific ailments that occur in the body with increasing levels of toxins.
In toxin-free conditions, the body is efficient at detoxifying and eliminating free radicals, but the rising quantities of toxic compounds we breathe in, ingest or absorb daily demand more of the body’s resources, and drastically impede the body’s optimal performance. That’s why detoxing needs to be a way of life. As the environment around us, the foods we consume and the water we drink become more and more toxic, the body’s natural detoxification systems become overloaded. And as the body cannot perform optimally, toxicity slowly increases over time, reducing the body’s natural capabilities to maintain good health. That’s when disease occurs.
The equation is simple; the less toxins that accumulate in tissues and organs, the stronger the body’s natural healing capabilities.
When the body is clean from toxins, it doesn’t have to invest a lot of energy in combating toxic compounds, and has extra energy to invest in building and running its natural defense mechanisms, fighting diseases and dealing more efficiently with new toxins as they inevitably enter the body. Detoxing the body of accumulated toxicity and reducing environmental and dietary exposure strengthens the function of the immune system, benefits the cardiovascular system, and increases overall vitality.
Other health benefits include:
* Improved liver function: Detoxing improves the function of your liver which can have a positive influence on regulating your blood cholesterol level, a key predictor connected with heart attacks, strokes and premature death in many individuals.
* Improved digestion: By eliminating waste materials, parasitic infections and built-up contaminants from the digestive track, a ‘detox’ lifestyle improves the body’s digestive functions. This enables proper digestion and nutrient absorption. Cleansing the digestive track also has the potential to re-establish flavor appreciation of healthy and balanced natural food products, as well as reduce food cravings.
* Reduced inflammation: Detoxing the body reduces inflammation of the muscles and joints by eliminating toxic pockets in these areas, and reducing the body’s self protective response (which is what typically causes inflammation in the first place).
* Rebalanced hormones: By getting rid of agrichemicals absorbed from “enhanced” foods contaminated with fertilizers, pesticides or herbicides, insecticides, antibiotics and growth hormones, a detox can assist the body to naturally rebalance hormone levels.
* Improved mood: When toxins circulate through the body, they inevitably reach the brain and your central nervous system. Such toxins will negatively affect mood, sleep, cognitive function and the ability to concentrate. Toxicity also increases stress, anxiety, lethargy and even depression. Eliminating toxins can improve your mood and overall sense of wellbeing.
* Reduced effects of skin aging: When the body is overloaded with toxins, the body tries getting rid of them through the skin, a main component of the body’s elimination system. Toxicity can lead to premature aging, poor complexion, pimples and blemishes. Reducing the body’s toxic load can result in significantly younger looking skin.
Detox as a Way of Life
The human body is designed to constantly gather and remove toxins from its cells and organs. Ideally, detoxing the body should be more than an occasional cleansing diet – it should be a way of life – especially with the unprecedented levels of toxicity to which we are exposed each day.
Avoid cosmetics, body lotions and skin-care products made with chemical ingredients. To find more tips on natural daily detox products, as well as safe cosmetics and skin care products, checkout EarthSun. Or why not try out my Skin and Body Detox Cream easy make-at-home recipe?
To maintain a cleansed body, it is also important to minimize your exposure to chemical toxins. Toxins are present in many foods, water supplies and cosmetics.